Pages

Friday 27 March 2020

"Under The Bed"

For this week's writing task we had to pick a writing prompt!
and I choose the under the bed one so we had to complete all of the activites which were: (writing the story, answering the questions which were: What was the noise he heard, what did he see under the bed, what will happen next, how did he feel when he first heard the noise, how did he feel when he looked under the bed, what time of the day do you think it is, have you ever been frightend of anything and why do things seem more frightening at night?. The sentence challenge which was to describe the noise without saying what it is I didn't write much because I couldn't think of anymore sounds for this animal! And perfect picture which was to draw a picture/trace what he seen under the bed!

We also had to add language features to our story which were, Alliteration (the same letter at the start of your senctence - Example: B - Billy bounced a ball), Onomatopoeia (the things like BOOM, CRASH and more, Metaphor (Things that sound simliar - Example: She read the book at a snail's pace), Simile (A comparison using "like" or "as" - example "she was smart as an owl", hyperbole (an exaggeration - Example: "It was like a thousand pounds", Personification (giving human qualities to things) - example: The floor boards danced across the room), Idiom (a phrase that has a different meaning from the dictionary) - example: The test was a peice of cake!"

What I found difficult was thinking of what was under the bed because I had no idea what scuttling meant so I searched it up and it was little footsteps so I came up with mouse! I enjoyed doing all the activites because they weren't just writing they were also questions and drawing!

This is my writing!
------------------------

The scuttling noise had disturbed Michael, and he shot bolt upright in bed.
After taking a deep breath, he flung himself onto the smooth wooden boards of
his bedroom floor but it was like his bedroom floor was trying to pull him back but he 
took a peek.. in relief, he saw a little small grey mouse with no tail creeping and squeaking
around the cheese under his bed. He grabbed the mouse and put it into a small container
and as soon as he did that he quietly tiptoed to the kitchen knowing his parents were asleep.
He opened the fridge and grabbed a piece of leftover cheese from dinner, he quietly shut the
fridge and headed back to where the mouse was. He opened the container and stored the cheese
there, he was glad that there was no monster under his bed. 


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Questions: 


1. What was the noise Michael heard?
- He heard a scuttling noise (little footsteps)


2. What did he see under the bed?
- A small grey mouse with no tail!


3. What will happen next?
-  He will keep the mouse as a pet then he hears another noise…


4. What did he feel when he first heard the noise?
- He felt a bit anxious and frightened. 


5. How did he feel when he looked under the bed? 
- He felt relieved because it wasn’t a monster


6. What time of day do you think it is?
- Night time because in the picture it looks dark!


7. Have you ever been frightened of anything? 
- Yes..


8. Why do things seem more frightening at night? 
- Because it’s usually dark and it’s scary at night..


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Sentence Challenge:

The high pitched squeaking sound disturbed Michael. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Perfect Picture!



8 comments:

  1. Hi Fria. I enjoyed your writing. What I found really good was how you explained your language features. Maybe next time you could spin the story out a bit longer using some more of the language features.
    Great effort.
    Mrs Bowman

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Thanks for commenting I will make sure to work on that next time!

      Delete
  2. Hey Fria, cool blog post I loved the way you described Michael getting out of bed. And your mouse was so cute. I loved how your story was short but you made it interesting. Great job.
    Kind regards,
    Greer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Greer, thank you so much for commenting on my work!

      Delete
  3. Hi Fria,
    I love this blog post I love the writing I love how you described everything and I mouse with cheese. I loved it but it was a little short so you should make it a little longer.
    but it was really good.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Ella😛

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hihi Ella!! Thanks for commenting on my blog post i'll make sure to work on that next time! 😌

      Delete
  4. Hi Fria
    Thanks for sharing your writing I really enjoyed reading it.I wanted to read more so think about next time writing more, great picture too. Keep up the great work.
    Miss Rader

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Rader! Thanks for commenting I will make sure to write more next time!!

      Delete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.