Pages

Monday 23 March 2020

Maths Group Strategy!

WALT: Solve problems like: 23 + __ = 71. 

For maths we have been working on tons of strategies, but this time we had to make a DLO explaining our strategy. My strategy is pretty simple because your only using subtracting and adding and it's with the number line aswell. I have a explanation on slide three if you don't understand the strategy! If one of the equations are 23 + __ = 71 your going to have to draw out your number line and switch the 71 to 73 because your going to minus it (it will be explained on the slideshow) and your going to have to go all the way to 71 instead of going to the nearest ten which is 30 you have to go all the way to 71 so 20 + 50 = 70 then your going to have to take away 2 because 3 - 2 = 1 and you wanna get to 71 then you minus all of that 50 - 2 = 48, so your answer is 48!

What I found difficult was to explain it because i'm not really good at explaining! And I enjoyed explaining it actually!

Anyways this is my DLO!

3 comments:

  1. Wow Fria, you have shown that you have a good understanding of using this strategy. It is great that you were able to explain it in words as well as using a number line. Maybe next time you could use numbers to show each step in your explanation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Satherley! Thanks for commenting on my blog and i'll make sure to do that next time!

      Delete
  2. Hi Fria,
    Great effort in explaining your Maths strategy! I can see that you have gained a lot of confidence in Maths and that is so awesome to see. I think jumping through a tidy number is a great way of working out problems with missing addends. The number line really helps show which numbers you are working with as well. It would be great for the number line to be a bit bigger to help illustrate what you are describing.
    Keep up the fantastic work you are doing in Maths - stay safe!

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.