Pages

Friday 6 March 2020

The ANZAC Violin


WALT: Use descriptive writing

This week for writing our teacher read us a book called "The Anzac Violin." It was about a guy called "Alexander Aitken" who fought for New Zealand while carrying a violin. He managed to carry it all the way until he was wounded, but one of his crew members gave it to him after the world war ended. Now it's in a all boys high school. So for our task we had to make a table including: See (what can you see), Hear (what can you hear), Location (where was it and was it dusty), Movement (crawling or walking) and Temperature (cold or hot). And we had to describe one of the moments as a diary entry because while Alexander was in the war he wrote diary enteries but it wasn't very detailed so now, we have to make one with a lot of detail. The table was our draft so after we did that we have to make our real copy.

For my diary entry I did the part where he was wounded and was crawling past his dead crew members. I enjoyed putting it all together because I had a lot of great ideas and what I found diffcult was putting it all together. 

This is my writing!

I frighteningly crawl towards my lifeless crew members as the breeze passes by me. I could hear the terrifying gunshots as i’m almost there, I stopped and looked up at the night sky I could see stars appearing as I lay there suffering. Soon enough I opened my eyes everything was fuzzy, I blinked as much as I could until I could see a train I got a fright when the loud engine started..where were they taking me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.