Pages

Monday 21 October 2019

Stop, Slow, Go!

WALT: Share what we explored with whanau.

Last term the school was learning about exploration. So last term we were looking at acids and bases and then experiments.

We were put into groups of three and we got to choose an any experiment to do from the four experiments to share to our parents for the celebration of learning! Our group choose the volcano one. This is the method of the experiment; Put dishwashing liqud into the cup then the food colouring and baking soda into the cup. Slowly start pouring the vinegar into the cup and then...STAND BACK!!
This was a first try we were trying to make it look like the a traffic light from the colours. But it was a fail and it ended up looking like diarrhea!! And it didn't really fizz much.

This was our group's second try it was much better than our first try and it also fizzed more and the colour was also much better and it didn't look like diarrhea..

This was my group at the celebration of learning day with all our stuff ready!

Last of all this is our group's slideshow it has all the information about the experiment, what we learnt and so on!

What I enjoyed about this was doing the experiment because even though it seems boring it was actually really fun but it was quite messy..

1 comment:

  1. Hi there
    What was your favouite part?
    I love it. How high did it go?

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.