Pages

Tuesday 17 August 2021

Trip to Orana Park

Hello! Yesterday our classes room five and six went to Orana Park. When we first got there we meet two people called Bethany and Sarah, they were the ones who were going to show us around the zoo room five had Sarah and we had Bethany. After we had our morning tea it was time for us to go to our seperate classes and look at the animals! 

We saw many different animals but the first animal we saw was the lions. Bethany told us interesting facts about lions, like how a lion's mane protects their neck when they're fighting and having a mane attracts the female lions. 

The animals we saw were lions, tigers, reptiles, frogs, gorillas, farmyard animals (bunnies, pigs, chickens & more), kiwis, meerkats, otters, tasmanian devils, giraffes, lemurs, african wild dogs or painted dogs and cheetahs! It was very fun and we got to learn many facts about these animals. We even got to feed the giraffes and fish, but we weren't able to see all the animals because time ran out but that was okay!

Overall I enjoyed the trip and learning some new facts about the animals!

Here are some photos of the trip: 






2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Fria,

    What a fantastic blog post! I love how you included information that you learnt about lions, like how their mane protects them. I found it interesting that the females preferred that darker mane. My favourite animal was the Tasmanian Devil. What was yours?

    Keep up the great blogging!
    Ms Wilton

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Ms Wilton, thanks for commenting! My favourite animal was also the Tasmanian Devil! :)

      Delete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.