Pages

Thursday 8 July 2021

World Chocolate Day

Hello! Yesterday, the 7th of July was World Chocolate day or sometimes called International Chocolate Day, and because of it, we celebrated it at school by watching a movie called Charlie and the Chocolate Factory while drinking hot chocolate with marshmellows! It was delicious! We also learnt about the History of Chocolate from how it was before and how it came to be now, there were many interesting facts about it and I enjoyed learning about it! Here are some fun facts about the History of Chocolate - Back then, cocao was very expensive and only the rich could afford to drink chocolate. But also in France the royal family were the only ones able to drink it, up until the 1700s chocolate was just a drink but then in the 1830 the first chocolate bar was made. After we learnt about it we also did a follow up activity on it. 

But anyways yesterday was a fun day, I enjoyed it because we got to watch a movie, drink hot chocolate, learn about the History of Chocolate and we even got to eat some chocolate as well!

1 comment:

  1. hello I like your post about how you celebrated world chocolate day and about how u also put in facts about it and how people would use it.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.