Pages

Tuesday 25 August 2020

Koru and Kowhaiwhai

The Koru is sometimes used in Maori Art, as a symbol of life and nature. People also use the pattern for carving and tattooing. The Koru symbolizes new life, strength, growth and peace. The Koru is a meaning for that life changes but stays the same, some people also think that the Koru represents harmony. 

The Kowhaiwhai is used to represent the history of Maori. And it's used to present the family tree of like someone's tribe. The Kowhaiwhai patterns paintings are used for meeting houses, storehouses and so much more. They also help to tell a story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.